With the Mining, Oil & Gas sectors seeing a boom in specific regions, plus the continuous need to build, develop and maintain navigable channels and waterways throughout Australia, capital and maintenance dredging is on the increase.
With strict guidelines and environmental approvals to meet, the trick is to learn from other dredging projects and the many stakeholders involved in the projects. Fully understanding the challenges others have faced could assist in determining the best strategy for your project.
The Dredging and Reclamation Australia conference (25 – 26 September, 2012, Holiday Inn, Brisbane, Queensland) has been developed as a value creation forum where knowledge, new ideas, best practice and real world learning experiences can be shared amongst other dredging professionals. Providing key case studies from leading practitioners, the conference will share insight into Australia’s most exciting dredging projects in the planning, design or development stages.
This conference is great opportunity to learn from Australia’s leading Ports, Port Authorities, Dredging Contractors, Environmental Consultants, Oil & Gas, Mining Companies as well as Government and Environmental Authorities. This combined with the networking opportunities available makes this a must attend event.
- Past, current and future projects in Australia
- The latest dredging techniques and technologies, particularly innovations in equipment
- Tips on navigating the dredging approvals process
- Strategies for delivering projects on time, within budget and in line with environmental regulations
- Communication strategies manage perceptions of community and media groups
- Dredging in ‘non-traditional’ industries such as mining.
Dredging Today Staff, July 10, 2012