The Indiana Department of Natural Resources and the Tri-Lakes Property Owners Association announced a lengthy dredging project that will begin in mid July on the Tri Lakes Lake Chain located in northern Whitley County.
This project funded by Indianaâ€™s Lake and River Enhancement Program will affect boating traffic on Round Lake, Little Cedar Lake, and Big Cedar Lake in varying degrees over the next 4 to 5 months.
The projected work schedule is listed below and work will continue throughout the duration of the project even on weekends.
- Week of July 8th â€“ Equipment set up;
- Week of July 15th â€“ Dredging of east arm of Stalf Road Channel (estimated to take two weeks);
- Week of July 29th â€“ Dredging of connector channel between Little Cedar and Round Lake (estimated to take 2 weeks);
- Week of Aug 19th â€“ Dredging of Karen Cove Channel (estimated to take 12 weeks);
- Week of Nov 11th â€“ Dredging of the Public Access Channel (estimated to take 3 weeks).
Press Release, July 4, 2013