The Indiana Department of Natural Resources and the Tri-Lakes Property Owners Association announced a lengthy dredging project that will begin in mid July on the Tri Lakes Lake Chain located in northern Whitley County.
This project funded by Indiana’s Lake and River Enhancement Program will affect boating traffic on Round Lake, Little Cedar Lake, and Big Cedar Lake in varying degrees over the next 4 to 5 months.
The projected work schedule is listed below and work will continue throughout the duration of the project even on weekends.
- Week of July 8th – Equipment set up;
- Week of July 15th – Dredging of east arm of Stalf Road Channel (estimated to take two weeks);
- Week of July 29th – Dredging of connector channel between Little Cedar and Round Lake (estimated to take 2 weeks);
- Week of Aug 19th – Dredging of Karen Cove Channel (estimated to take 12 weeks);
- Week of Nov 11th – Dredging of the Public Access Channel (estimated to take 3 weeks).
Press Release, July 4, 2013