The Workshop at Oceanology International 2014, named Fluid Mud in Ports and Navigation – Management Today and in the Future, is scheduled for 11 March 2014, in London, UK.
HR Wallingford, with support from IMarEST, PIANC and CEDA, will be hosting this event at Oceanology International 2014 where expert speakers will be presenting on a wide range of themes, including:
– concept of ‘nautical depth’;
– measurement methods and instrumentation;
– fluid mud rheology;
– modelling of fluid mud.
The issue of fluid mud is an on-going concern at many operational ports and waterways around the world. It is of particular relevance as new coastal port infrastructure is built and existing facilities seek to maximise their available draft.
– is a source of potential hazard to navigation;
– has a significant influence on dredging;
– requirements and methods;
– can be a potential source of contaminants and
– presents potential risks to aquatic ecology.
Dredging Today Staff, February 24, 2014