HR Wallingford will next year organize the Protections 2018, 3rd International Conference on Protection against Overtopping, which is taking place from 6-8 June at the Lake District National Park.
The increasing demand for dam, levee and seawall safety and flood protection has prompted new research and advancements, and a greater need for cost-effective measures in overtopping protection as a solution for overtopping concerns at levees, dams and seawalls.
This conference will bring together leading experts from practice, research, development, and implementation for two days of knowledge exchange followed by a technical tour of the Lake District including visits to some of the area’s impressive dams.
The conference will focus on:
- Critical issues related to levees, dams and seawalls;
- New developments and advanced tools;
- Overtopping protection systems;
- Overtopping simulators / test facilities;
- Overtopping failure mechanisms;
- System design and performance;
- Applications and innovative solutions;
- Case histories of overtopping events;
- Physical modelling techniques and recent studies;
- Numerical modelling methods.
The conference follows the very successful Protections 2016 event, the 2nd International Seminar on Dam Protection against Overtopping which took place in September, 2016 in Fort Collins, Colorado.