Philippines: Ajuy Development Projects Underway

The town of Ajuy, 74 kilometers north of Iloilo City, now enjoys basic infrastructure and social services worth nearly P88 million.

The small community projects were constructed under the Kapit-Bisig Laban sa Kahirapan-Comprehensive Integrated Delivery of Social Services (KALAHI-CIDSS), covering 87 functional infrastructure, costing P87,965,550.

KALAHI-CIDSS Project Officer Maricar Calubiran said 73 percent or P64,720,000 came from KALAHI-CIDSS grant, while the remaining 27 percent or P23,245550 came from the local government units from the provincial to the municipal and barangay levels counterpart.

The environmental protection and conservation projects such as river dredging and construction of drainage systems, seawalls, ditch canals and reinforced pipe culverts, comprising 16 percent, are the third most prioritized sub-projects.

Calubiran said over the amount and the projects realized, was the enabling change in attitude of the people to identify for themselves the projects they needed most, and the capability to handle, manage and use their funds efficiently and effectively.

[mappress]

Source: pia.gov, August 10, 2012

Related news

List of related news articles