The annual general meeting of Ackermans & van Haaren took place today. All items on the agenda were approved.
The shareholders approved the proposal to distribute a gross dividend of 1.67 euro per share. After deduction of the withholding tax, the net dividend amounts to 1.2525 euro per share. The shares will be traded excoupon on May 29, and the dividend will be payable from June 3, 2013.
Ackermans & van Haarenis a diversified group active in 5 key segments:
– Infrastructure & Marine Engineering (DEME, one of the largest dredging companies in the world – Algemene Aannemingen Van Laere, a leading contractor in Belgium),
– Private Banking (Delen Private Bank, one of the largest independent private asset managers in Belgium, and asset manager JM Finn in the UK – Bank J. Van Breda & C°, niche bank for entrepreneurs and liberal professions in Belgium),
– Real Estate, Leisure & Senior Care (Leasinvest Real Estate, a listed real-estate investment trust – Extensa, an important land and real estate developer focused on Belgium, Luxembourg and Central Europe),
– Energy & Resources (Sipef, an agro-industrial group in tropical agriculture) and
– Development Capital (Sofinim and GIB). In 2012, through its share in its participations, the AvH group represented a turnover of 3.3 billion euro and employed approximately 18.750 people.
The group concentrates on a limited number of strategic participations with significant potential for growth. AvH is quoted on the BEL20 index, the Private Equity NXT index of Euronext Brussels and the European DJ Stoxx 600.
Press Release, May 27, 2013