Yilport Acquires Swedish Terminal

Turkish operator Yilport is expanding into the Baltic region, starting with the acquisition of a container terminal in Sweden.

Yilport now owns 80% of Gävle Container Terminal, with the remaining 20% of the shares in the company controlled by Gävle Municipality.

“This new ownership structure means that the recent uncertainty regarding the ownership of the company is over and we can now move full steam ahead on the expansion of Gävle’s container capacity and the establishment of the Stockholm Nord Combi Terminal in Rosersberg, which is scheduled in to open in autumn 2015. Stockholm Nord will further strengthen our potential for future growth,” announced Gävle Container Terminal (GCT).

“With a new, knowledgeable, experienced and stable long-term majority owner, the future is bright for GCT. Several sources have stated that the expansion of container handling will be a key future issue for Gävle and Central Sweden. Combined with a new wider and deeper entrance fairway, the additional space and added berths at the terminal are creating attractive future prospects.”

Press Release, May 28, 2014

 

 

Share this article

Follow Dredging Today

Events>

<< Dec 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
25 26 27 28 29 30 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31 1 2 3 4 5

3rd International Congress Hydraulic Engineering Structures and Dredging

Russia’s leading maritime industry Media Group PortNews (www.portnews.ru) holds a traditional annual Congress “Hydraulic Engineering Structures and Dredging” in Moscow. 

The two-day Congress includes the 7th International Forum of Dredging Companies and the 3rd Technical Conference “Modern Solutions for Hydraulic Engineering”.

Infrastructure development is among the real sources of Russia’s economy growth. Construction of port facilities and new hydraulic engineering structures on the country’s inland waterways constitute an essential part of all infrastructure projects. It is important to take into account the best international practices to implement these projects effectively.

The program of the Congress will be devoted to the latest technologies for dredging and hydraulic engineering works. Speakers and delegates will refer to real projects to discuss specifics features of dredging works, as well as dedicated fleet and equipment involved.

To learn more about event, please, contact the organizing committee: snitko@portnews.ru

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of DredgingToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of DredgingToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below....

apply

Dredging jobs in Abu Dhabi at NMDC

National Marine Dredging Company “NMDC” aims to be the largest dredging player in the Arab’s Gulf region...

apply