USA: Hudson River CAG Meeting Set for June 26
- Business & Finance
The next meeting of the Hudson River PCBs Site Community Advisory Group (CAG) is scheduled for Thursday, June 26, 2014, at the Saratoga Town Hall (12 Spring Street, Schuylerville, NY, 12871).
A Community Advisory Group (CAG) is made up of representatives of diverse community interests. Its purpose is to provide a public forum for community members to present and discuss their needs and concerns related to the Superfund decision-making process.
It offers EPA a unique opportunity to hear-and seriously consider-community preferences for site cleanup and remediation.
The CAG for the Hudson River PCBs Superfund Site is designed to:
– Promote broad, balanced representation of communities and stakeholders along the entire site, in this case the Hudson River;
– Encourage more routine and consistent communications and coordination between EPA and the community;
– Solicit ongoing recommendations about ways to enhance community involvement;
– Provide an avenue for the community to voice its needs and concerns;
– Provide for a consistent source of dialogue for EPA to gauge interests and needs.
June 24, 2014