UPDATE: Upper Hudson River Dredging Project Underway
The upper Hudson River dredging project, administered by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and General Electric (GE), will be in progress during the 2014 Navigation Season between Lock C-4 in Stillwater and Lock C-8 in Fort Edward.
The dredging operations are lighted, have day shapes and arrow boards displayed. Additional informational signs have been posted in the project area.
Activities planned for this week are:
– Barge unloading operations immediately south of Lock C-8;
– Barge loading operations immediately north of Lock C-5;
– Project hazard buoys marking shallow water areas just outside the navigational channel are located just north of buoy Green 133;
– Dredging operations between approximately buoy Red 88 and Green 77;
– Dredging operations between approximately buoy Red 68 and Red 66;
– Backfill/capping operations between approximately buoy Green 121 and Red 118;
– Backfill/capping operations between approximately buoy Red 110 and Green 89.