Comment Period Extended on Nearshore Draft Feasibility Report
- Business & Finance
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers officials are extending the public comment period for comments on the Puget Sound Nearshore Ecosystem Restoration Project (PSNERP) Draft Feasibility Report and Environmental Impact Statement.
The public comment period has been extended to January 8, 2015. Documents pertaining to the project are available for viewing online.
Together, government and non-government agencies, organizations, tribes and scientists evaluated more than 500 potential restoration sites, identifying the best places and opportunities to improve the nearshore zone’s ability to provide locally- and nationally-valued resources.
Eleven sites are included in the Corps’ Tentatively Selected Plan and will restore about 5,300 acres, with a $1.1 billion estimated total project cost.
- Beaconsfield Feeder Bluff, Normandy Park, Wash.
- Deepwater Slough, south of Conway, Wash.
- Deer Harbor Estuary, Orcas Island, Wash.
- Dugualla Bay, Whidbey Island, Wash.
- Everett Marshland, Everett, Wash.
- Livingston Bay, Camano Island, Wash.
- Milltown Island, south of Conway, Wash.
- Nooksack River Delta, north of Bellingham, Wash.
- North Fork Skagit River Delta, La Conner, Wash.
- Telegraph Slough, Skagit County, Wash.
- Spencer Island, Everett, Wash.