VIDEO: Royal IHC Splashes TSHD JUN YANG 1
- Business & Finance
The naming and launch ceremony of the trailing suction hopper dredger (TSHD) JUN YANG 1 took place on Saturday, 19 December 2015, at Royal IHC’s shipyard in Kinderdijk, the Netherlands.
The dredger is being built for CCCC Guangzhou Dredging Co., Ltd (GDC), and the ceremony was performed by Ms. Li Wen Ci, the wife of H.E. the Ambassador of the People’s Republic of China in the Netherlands.
TSHD JUN YANG 1 is equipped with two suction tubes, each with a submerged dredge pump, for a highly efficient dredging performance.
Both suction tubes have a dredging depth of up to 60m, and the starboard suction tube that can be extended to a dredging depth of 90m.
Two inboard dredge pumps have been installed for efficient shore discharging and rainbowing. The TSHD has a high level of automation, designed and supplied by IHC, for highly productive dredging operations.
- Length approx. 167.5m;
- Breadth, moulded 31m;
- Depth, moulded 12.2m;
- Mean moulded draught at International Freeboard approx. 8.75m;
- Mean moulded draught at dredging mark approx. 11m;
- Loading capacity at 11m draught 31,500t;
- Hopper capacity at highest overflow level 21,028m³;
- Inside diameter of trailing suction pipe (2) 1,200/1,100mm;
- Dredging depth 40/60/90m;
- Trial speed 16.3 knots;
- Accommodation 45 people.