ACI’s North American Dredging Summit will take place at the Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks in Houston, Texas on the 8th and 9th February 2017.
The North American Dredging Summit follows on from the successful European editions of ACI’s Dredging Summit series, the organizers said.
With the ongoing operational and technical challenges in dredging project management in the international dredging industry, as well as the considerable regulations in place, this event will aim to discuss the key factors necessary in order to facilitate growth and competitiveness in the U.S. Dredging Market.
The two day conference will consist of a number of informative presentations followed by an interactive Q&A session, panel discussions which will give a deep insight on the views shared from the different aspects of dredging and open discussion to further involve the delegates.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Colonel Landers, District Commander, U. S. Army Corps of Engineers;
- Dr Clay McCoy, Dredging Program Manager, Director of Regional Sediment Management Production Center of Expertise, Jacksonville District U. S. Army Corps of Engineers;
- Maged Kassem, Director Business Development – USA, Deme Tideway Group;
- Arjan Voogts, Marin USA, VP. US Manager;
- Ed Landgraf, Chairman CAMO-Coastal And Marine Operators;
- Whitford Remer, Senior Manager, Federal Government Relations American Society Of Civil Engineers;
- Randy Lewis, Director Of Environmental And Engineering Services Port of Grays Harbor, WA;
- James White, Director, Sustainable Infrastructure Programs, Cleveland-Cuyahoga Port Authority;
- Anthony LeCroy, SNF Holding Company;
- Georganna Collins, Chief Landscape Architect, Ecology and Environment, Inc.;
- Cecelia Donovan, Technical & Environmental Services-Executive Director, Maryland Environmental Service;
- Sean Burkholder, Assistant Professor of Landscape and Urban Design, University At Buffalo, School of Architecture and Planning;
- Bill Precht, Dial Cordy & Associates, Inc.;
- Dietrich Bartelt, DB Holistic Consulting;
- Tom Stephens, Commercial Director, TenCate Geotube;
- John Viega, VP, Global Sales CiDRA Corporate Services (SPONSORS);
- Raymond Bergeron, CEO, Cable Arm, Inc. (SPONSORS);
- Peter Alexander, CReV, Watermaster (SPONSORS);
- Niels Haakman, Sales Director, Seatools B.V. (SPONSORS);
- Jason Ziss, Business Development, Kurtz Bros Inc (SPONSORS);
- Rick Scott, Haakman, Industry Manager, Storm Geo Inc (SPONSORS).
Key topics include:
- The latest developments in less environmentally impactful dredging machinery;
- Methods to aid in dredging crew personnel acquisition;
- Strategies to increase the appeal of American dredging in the US;
- An in-depth look at how the Jones Act affects the overall productivity of dredging projects in the American Region;
- Ways in which ports can accommodate for the increasing carrying size of vessels;
- Capital dredging expansion project analysis;
- Compliance with EPA’s Tier 4 emission regulations;
- The theoretical and practical application of the Harbor Maintenance Tax designated to be used for dredging projects;
- Sustainable practices and techniques used by ports to ensure efficiency in dredging operations;
- Technology used in sediment profile imaging for monitoring sedimentation in dredging projects.