Seminar on Dredging and Land Reclamation in Delft
- Business & Finance
The International Association of Dredging Companies’ (IADC) Seminar on Dredging and Land Reclamation will be held from Monday, 26 June, through Friday, 30 June, 2017, at UNESCO-IHE, Delft, the Netherlands.
Since 1993, IADC, often in co-operation with local technical universities, has provided a week-long seminar especially developed for professionals in dredging-related industries.
These intensive courses have been successfully presented in the Netherlands, Singapore, Dubai, Argentina, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and Brazil, IADC said.
As is appropriate to a dynamic industry, the seminar program is continually updated. In addition to basic dredging methods, new equipment and state-of-the-art techniques are explained at IADC seminars.
- overview of the dredging market and the development of new ports and maintenance of existing ports;
- project phasing (identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction, and maintenance);
- descriptions of types of dredging equipment and boundary conditions for their use;
- state-of-the-art dredging and reclamation techniques including environmental measures;
- site and soil investigations, designing and estimating from the contractor’s view;
- costing of projects and types of contracts such as charter, unit rates, lump sum and risk-sharing agreements;
- design and measurement of dredging and reclamation works;
- early contractor involvement.
An important feature of the seminars is a trip to visit a dredging project being executed in the given geographical area. This gives the participants the opportunity to see dredging equipment in action and to gain a better feeling of the extent of a dredging activity, IADC said.