PHOTO: Steel Cutting for Jan De Nul TSHD Trio
- Business & Finance
Jan De Nul Group has just released a photo from the steel cutting ceremony for three new trailing suction hopper dredgers (TSHDs) at Keppel Singmarine.
The vessels, ordered earlier this month, combine a shallow draught with high manoeuvrability, making them very suitable for working in confined areas, Jan De Nul said.
The TSHDs are in diesel-electric execution: all major drives (thrusters, dredge pump, jet pumps etc) are electrically driven and controlled by means of frequency converters.
As the new dredgers will frequently operate in estuaries and on rivers, or near the coast, and therefore near residential areas, Jan De Nul Group decided to limit the NOx emissions to a level far below the actual requirements, and to reduce other contaminants that are currently not regulated by IMO.
- Hopper capacity: 3,500m³;
- Deadweight: 5,500 tonnes;
- Length o.a.: 89.3m;
- Breadth: 22.0m;
- Max. dredging depth: 27.6m;
- Suction pipe diameter: 800mm;
- Speed: 11.3kn;
- Pump power (trailing): 1,250kW;
- Pump power (discharging): 3000kW;
- Propulsion power: 2x1100kW;
- Total installed diesel power: 5,510kW;
- Accommodation: 16 persons.