Seaton Beach Management Plan Gets Go Ahead
- Business & Finance
East Devon District councilors have given the go ahead for the production of a beach management plan for Seaton.
“A preferred supplier – CH2M – has already been identified, following a rigorous and competitive tender process,” the official press release stated.
CH2M are coastal flooding experts who have already produced over 20 Beach Management Plans for areas across the South West of England, including Exmouth and, most recently, Sidmouth, in East Devon, the council said.
CH2M will begin work on the Seaton Beach Management Plan (SBMP) in May 2017 with a view to completing it in this year.
The project, which is split into six main stages, will involve:
- Project initiation and planning;
- Collation of available data;
- An assessment of the existing coastal processes, flood and erosion risks, as well as the condition of existing sea defenses and the environmental setting;
- The establishment of baselines for defenses, coastal processes, environment and economics;
- The consideration of future options for the management of coastal flooding and erosion risks;
- Advising on the actions that will need to be taken over the next five years to implement those options and to manage the beach.