Burton-upon-Trent Flood Scheme Drop-in Events
- Business & Finance
Burton-upon-Trent residents will have a chance to learn more about the benefits of the Environment Agency’s multi-million pound flood scheme improvement work at a series of drop-in sessions next month.
The planned works to the town’s flood defenses will see upgrades to the 9km of existing defenses that already protect more than 7,000 homes and businesses in the town. The work will also see a further 3,358 properties benefit from increased protection.
The work is due to start in early 2019, with a completion date in early 2021 and will enable further transformation of the town center to allow it to become more sustainable.
Drop-in sessions are being held at a number of locations across the town where Environment Agency staff will be on hand to discuss the scheme as well as to spread awareness about the need to be more flood resilient.
Sessions are being held as follows:
- Monday, 6 November (5pm to 7pm) – Branston Golf Club pavilion;
- Tuesday, 7 November (5pm to 7pm) – Riverside Hotel;
- Thursday, 9 November (11am to 2pm) – Burton Library;
- Thursday, 9 November (3pm to 6pm) – Meadowside Leisure Centre;
- Monday, 13 November (5pm to 7pm) – Tesco, St Peter’s Bridge.