The India Infrastructure Publishing Pvt. Ltd. has just announced that their 9th annual conference on ‘Dredging in India’ will take place on September 6-7, 2018, at ITC Maratha, Mumbai.
The mission of this conference is to highlight the trends and opportunities in the sector and discuss the key challenges. It will also showcase some of the noteworthy initiatives, projects and technologies.
In the past few years, dredging has emerged as a distinct industry in itself. The industry is being driven largely by the growing dredging requirements at Indian ports and inland waterways, India Infrastructure said in its announcement.
The conference is being supported by Ministry of Shipping and Sagarmala.
The conference will have 17 distinct sessions:
- Key Trends and Outlook;
- Site Survey and Investigation Techniques;
- Government Perspective;
- Focus on Indigenization of Dredger Building and Repair;
- Contractors’ (Domestic And Foreign) Perspective;
- Management of Dredged Material;
- IWAI Perspective;
- Design and Engineering Techniques;
- Ports Perspective;
- Dredging for Offshore Oil and Gas Industry;
- Managing Dredging Projects;
- Dredging for the Clean Energy Sector (Hydropower, Wind power, Etc.);
- Contract Design and Implementation;
- Dredging in Irrigation Canals;
- Focus on Equipment and Technology;
- Dredging in Dams;
- Evolving Dredging and Reclamation Techniques.