Fraser Announces $8.35 Million for West Nova Harbors
- Business & Finance
Colin Fraser, Member of Parliament for West Nova, on behalf of Jonathan Wilkinson, Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard, yesterday announced that the Government of Canada is investing $8.35 million in harbor infrastructure in West Nova.
Commenting the latest announcement, Colin Fraser said: “This $8.35 million investment in local small craft harbors not only helps the commercial fishing industry, but West Nova as a whole.”
“Investing in our small craft harbors not only helps to renew and maintain the infrastructure that forms the backbone of our regional economy, but also creates job opportunities for fish harvesters, small businesses and local communities.”
Investments being made at small craft harbors in West Nova include:
- Chegoggin – Construction of a containment cell to allow for the disposal of dredged materials;
- Dennis Point (Lower West Pubnico) – Construction of a new wharf to the south of the existing structures;
- Hampton – Installation of new piles, tie rods and concrete anchor blocks;
- Meteghan – Installation of a float system;
- Pinkney’s Point – Construction of a containment cell to allow for the disposal of dredged materials;
- Wedge Point (Wedgeport) – Repair damaged steel piles using concrete jackets along with reinforcing steel plates.