USPA to Discuss Dredging Projects Planned for 2018–2019
- Business & Finance
The Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority (USPA) will today, October 22, hold a meeting in Odessa to discuss dredging projects planned for 2018–2019.
During the meeting, officials from USPA together with the representatives of dredging companies will discuss implementation of capital and operational dredging projects in seaports, as well as in inland waterways.
According to USPA, the total amount of planned work for 2019 is 16,335 million m³: including capital dredging in the amount of 7,455 million m³, maintenance dredging of seaports and canals – 7,88 million m³, dredging works in inland waterways — 1 million m³.
In particular, USPA is planning to discuss the following projects:
- Reconstruction of the operating area of the 1st bucket of the Dry Estuary of the Illichevsky branch office with an increase of the depth up to 15m (4–5 construction lines);
- Reconstruction of water approaches, maneuvering areas and operational water areas, taking into account the prospective cargo turnover of the Yuzhny seaport (the first stage of construction. The second and fourth launch complexes).
Maintaining of passport depths:
- on the Bug -Dnieper Liman channel (BDLC);
- of Berdiansk and Mariupol sea ports;
- of Kiev, Kamensky, Kanevsky, Kremenchugsky, Dneprodzerzhinsky, Dnieper and Kakhovsky reservoirs.
Also at the meeting, attention will also be paid to the:
- Technical issues of realization of projects by type of equipment, scope of work, qualification requirements and terms;
- Issues related to obtaining the necessary permits and licenses to perform certain types of work;
- Questions relating to the tendering procedures in the e-procurement system «Prozorro».