The Council for Dredging and Marine Construction Safety (CDMCS) held its 2nd Leadership in Safety Awards Dinner on November 12th in Washington, DC to honor occupational safety and health excellence in the dredging industry.
Held on the heels of a CDMCS Pipeline Task Force Meeting, the ceremonial banquet was widely attended by member dredging and marine construction firms, federal and state governmental agencies, and fellow maritime and construction organizations.
At the event, CDMCS presented the 2019 Leadership in Safety Awards to the following leaders:
- Individual Leadership in Safety Award – Forrest Ray – Senior Safety Manager, Manson Construction Co.;
- Corporate Leadership in Safety Award – Norfolk Dredging Company;
- Government Leadership in Safety Awards – Annmarie Robertson – Senior Program Manager, Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), U.S. DOT;
- Tiffany Burroughs – Coastal Navigation Program Manager – U.S. Army Corps of Engineers HQ;
- Guest of Honor – Hon. Richard P. Ieyoub – Commissioner of Conservation – State of Louisiana Department of Natural Resources.