USA: Ocean City Beach Replenishment Set for March 2014

  • Business & Finance

Ocean City Beach Replenishment Set for March 2014

The long-awaited Ocean City southend beach replenishment project will begin in mid-March 2014, Mayor Jay Gillian announced.

Gillian said that last week, city business administrator Mike Dattilo spoke about a letter from US Rep. Frank LoBiondo about the beach replenishment project, which would extend from 34th Street in Ocean City south through Strathmere to the end of Sea Isle City.

Dattilo said at the time that the project would be ready to bid in January.

Gillian said that he received notification from Gov. Chris Christie and the US Army Corps of Engineers Thursday afternoon that construction is anticipated to start March 14.

[mappress]

Source: snjdc.org, October 22, 2013

 

Related news

List of related news articles