The upper Hudson River dredging project, administered by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and General Electric (GE), will be in progress during the 2014 Navigation Season between Lock C-4 in Stillwater and Lock C-8 in Fort Edward.
The dredging operations are lighted, have day shapes and arrow boards displayed. Additional informational signs have been posted in the project area.
Activities planned for this week are:
– Barge unloading operations immediately south of Lock C-8;
– Barge loading operations immediately north of Lock C-5;
– Project hazard buoys marking shallow water areas just outside the navigational channel are located just north of buoy Green 133;
– Dredging operations between approximately buoy Red 88 and Green 77;
– Dredging operations between approximately buoy Red 68 and Red 66;
– Backfill/capping operations between approximately buoy Green 121 and Red 118;
– Backfill/capping operations between approximately buoy Red 110 and Green 89.