Swathe Services and HYPACK have teamed up to deliver a 5 day practical Multi-Beam Echo-Sounder (MBES) training course (15th – 19th April 2013, Southampton) designed to give surveyors hands on experience on installation, calibration, data acquisition and post processing.
Additional elements of the course will include training on APPLANIX POSMV setup and POSPAC post processing; RTK GPS setup, interfacing & operation, and HYPACK’s new interface for R2SONIC’s TruePixTM backscatter feature. Upon completion of the course surveyors will receive an industry recognised HYPACK certificate and will have gained knowledge on how to get the best out of the R2SONIC, Applanix and RTK GPS systems.
• 2 days boat based training
• 3 days classroom based lectures and post processing
• Hands on experience with high specification Hydrographic survey equipment
• All teas, coffee and lunches – some sponsored evening meals
• Discount off the cost of onsite accommodation
• Training conducted by experienced Swathe surveyors and HYPACK employees
• The course is affiliated with HYPACK and offers industry recognised certificate
– James Williams, Managing Director of Swathe Services, has an MSc in Hydrography which carries the IHO/FIG CAT A recognition.
He has over 14 years experience in the hydrographic sector covering a variety of applications including project management of dredging related engineering and construction projects, port and harbour surveying, aggregate surveying, habitat mapping, offshore wind farm and cable/pipeline route surveying.
He is experienced with Single-beam, Multi-beam and Interferometric technology and has been guest lecturing on the BSc and MSc Hydrography courses at the University of Plymouth for over 8 years.
– Joe Burnett,Technical Support and Trainer at HYPACK, Inc.
Joe has over 10 of field experience working for the USACE in the field of Multibeam Sonars and their integration, interfacing, calibration, and surveying .
In 2008, Mr. Burnett joined HYPACK, Inc. Since then, he has travelled around the world providing training in the setup, collection, processing and final products in HYPACK software and has integrated just about every known type of GPS, Sonar, and peripheral device available.
Press Release, February 13, 2013