The Army Corps of Engineers is hosting Bull Shoals Lake Master Plan scoping workshops August 22-27 to share information about the revision process.
Scoping Workshop Schedule:
• Aug. 22 – Mountain Home, Ark., from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Arkansas State Sheid Center, 1600 S. College Street;
• Aug. 23 – Harrison, Ark., from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at North Arkansas Community College, Center Campus, 303 North Main;
• Aug. 25 – Theodosia, Mo., from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Lutie School, 5802 U.S. Highway 160;
• Aug. 26 – Forsyth, Mo., From 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Forsyth Public School Cafeteria, 178 Panther Road;
• Aug. 27 – Flippin, Ark., from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Flippin Middle School Cafeteria, 308 North First Street.
Workshop attendees can view a short video on the master plan revision process that explains the multiple land classifications around the lake and the difference between a master plan and a shoreline management plan. The video will be playing continuously throughout each workshop. Afterwards, participants can interact with Corps representatives and provide input concerning the master plan revision.
The Corps encourages public input at the workshops or written comments during the public comment period. The comment period will be from August 11 until September 30, 2014.
Press Release, August 8, 2014