Ready for Dredging and Reclamation Seminar in Singapore
The International Association of Dredging Companies (IADC) will organize next week the International Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation. The Seminar will be held from Monday 27 October through Friday 31 October 2014 at Grand Park City Hall hotel in Singapore.
Since 1993 IADC, often in co-operation with local technical universities, has provided a week-long Seminar especially developed for professionals in dredging-related industries. These intensive courses have been successfully presented in The Netherlands, Singapore, Dubai, Argentina, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and Brazil.
The main aim of this five-day course is to provide an understanding through lectures by experts in the field and workshops, partly conducted on-site in order to give the “students” hands-on experience.
Some of the topic to be covered include:
- overview of the dredging market and the development of new ports and maintenance of existing ports;
- project phasing (identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction, and maintenance);
- descriptions of types of dredging equipment and boundary conditions for their use;
- state-of-the-art dredging and reclamation techniques including environmental measures;
- site and soil investigations, designing and estimating from the contractor’s view;
- costing of projects and types of contracts such as charter, unit rates, lump sum and risk-sharing agreements;
- design and measurement of dredging and reclamation works;
- early contractor involvement.
Also an important feature of the seminar will be visit to dredging projects being executed in the given geographical area. This gives the participants the opportunity to see dredging equipment in action and to gain a better feeling of the extent of a dredging activity.