The next meeting of the Hudson River PCBs Site Community c (CAG) will take place on Thursday, April 23, 2015 at the Saratoga Town Hall (12 Spring Street, Schuylerville, NY, 12871).
The Hudson dredging project is being undertaken by GE under an agreement with the EPA, which selected dredging as the remedial strategy to address PCBs in sediments in the river, and determined the size and scope of the project, after thoroughly evaluating a full range of options including more dredging.
– Welcome, Introductions, Review December 2014 Meeting Summary;
– 2015 Dredging Season Overview (GE or EPA);
– Floodplains RI/FS Workplan Presentation (EPA);
– Floodplains RI/FS Workplan Technical Support (CBI and CAG, facilitated discussion);
– Brief Updates and CAG Business;
– Update on CAG review process.
When dredging is completed this year, GE will have removed 100 percent of the PCBs targeted by EPA for removal — more than 2.65 million cubic yards of sediment from a 40-mile stretch of river between Fort Edward and Troy, N.Y.