The CT Department of Energy and Environmental Protection has released the latest update on the Mill River cleanup project in Fairfield, Connecticut.
TRC, the firm conducting the cleanup work for Exide, is currently in the process of dredging, dewatering the sediment, treating the filtrate water from the dewatering process, and discharging treated water back to the Mill River.
All of the sediment dewatering and water treatment work is occurring at the facility on Exide’s property at 2190 Post Road in Fairfield.
In May, the following activities will be conducted:
- Additional dredging in Area III;
- Begin dredging in Area I (between the railroad and I‐95 bridges);
- The turbidity meters (yellow buoys with solar panels), turbidity curtains (floating yellow items), and the large orange pipeline that conveys sediment to the Exide property will be moved as dredging progresses in Areas III and I;
- Dewatering of sediment and treatment of filtrate will continue at Exide’s property;
- Monitoring and sampling will continue, as required by CT DEEP.