HR Wallingford Announces Two-Day Dredging Course
Next month, HR Wallingford will be the organizer of a two-day training course on the environmental aspects of dredging.
According to the company, this course will provide an overview of the environmental aspects of dredging, the latest technology and equipment that apply to dredging and the management of dredged material.
“This course is designed to provide an introduction to the subject of dredging and will assist those who are responsible for commissioning and managing dredging contractors and those who regulate dredging. The course will enable attendees to manage and regulate dredging projects and contractors more effectively and efficiently,” the company said.
- Introduction to dredging and currently used terminology;
- Description of the different types of dredgers;
- Design of dredging works (capital-maintenance, marine-riverine);
- Modelling of dredging operations;
- Environmental aspects to consider during dredging;
- Licensing, consents and key stakeholders identification;
- Environmental monitoring of the dredging operations;
- Dredging contract types;
- Project implementation and management;
- Avoidance of common disputes.
This two-day classroom training course will take place 4-5 October, 2017, at the Howbery Park, Wallingford, UK.