HR Wallingford announced recently that their four-day dredging management online course will take place this February.
According to the company, this online course will provide an overview of the environmental aspects of dredging, the latest technology and equipment that apply to dredging and the management of dredged material.
HR Wallingford has developed the classroom-based dredging management training into a four-day live online learning course, taking place 11,12,15,16 February 2021.
“This course is designed to provide an introduction to the subject of dredging and will assist those who are responsible for commissioning and managing dredging contractors and those who regulate dredging,” the company said. “The course will enable attendees to manage and regulate dredging projects and contractors more effectively and efficiently.”
- Introduction to dredging and currently used terminology;
- Description of the different types of dredging equipment;
- Design of dredging works (capital-maintenance, marine-riverine);
- Modelling of dredging operations;
- Dredging optimisation;
- Environmental aspects to consider during dredging;
- Licensing, consents and key stakeholders identification;
- Environmental monitoring of the dredging operations;
- Dredging contract types;
- Project implementation and management;
- Avoidance of common disputes.