Scottish Canals Invites Bids for National Dredging Framework 2013-2017
Scottish Canals Canal House has invited bidders to submit their offers for the National Dredging Framework 2013-2017.
The object of the contract is to provide dredging on Inland Scottish Canals, and includes:
– Land-based and floating dredging;
– Additional resources/changed methodology to offset reduced efficiency for increased distances between access/loading points;
– Dewatering dredgings;
– Screening dredging;
– Road haulage to landfill or agricultural locations;
– Vegetation management including overhanging tree cutting/reed cutting/floating weed removal;
– Spreading arisings on land/Scottish Canals;
– Tips including target outputs;
– Proposed sub-contractors to be used.
The total value of this project is £2,000,000, and the deadline for the tender is January 28, 2013.
Dredging Today Staff, December 20, 2012