DSC Dredge: 10th Annual Dreducation Class Set for June 13 (USA)
DSC Dredge LLC, a world leader in customized dredging solutions, is hosting its 10th annual Dreducation™ Class, taught by industry expert Charles Johnson, on Friday, June 13, from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. in New Orleans, LA.
This class is industry-specific but not brand-specific, and is open to the general public. The class has been designed to educate both industry newcomers and current dredge operators on how to become more productive and enable them to work more efficiently.
The class will cover the fundamentals of dredging with topics such as:
• How centrifugal pumps work;
• How to read a Theoretical Pump Curve (TPC);
• Dredge pump efficiency and how it affects HP requirements;
• Types of excavators and their advantages/disadvantages;
• Pipeline size, velocity, friction and production;
• Reading and interpreting gauges.
Charles Johnson has been in the industry for more than 20 years and has had the opportunity to teach the Dreducation Class to more than 100 students. In addition to this class, Mr. Johnson also provides individual training for customers at their facilities throughout the year.
The Dreducation Class will be held at the Omni Royal Orleans in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Press Release, April 8, 2014