Just a few minutes ago, at the Amsterdam RAI Convention Center, the Conference Manager J. Femke Hoogeveen officially opened the 1st Dredging Today Conference.
The two-day event, collocated with the Offshore Energy and Exhibition Conference (OEEC), will gather expert conference speakers and panelists to discuss how the world in which the dredging industry operates is changing.
On the first day, the audience will have an opportunity to hear about:
- Strategic plans for Chittagong Port – national and international scope, Rear Admiral M. Khaled Iqbal, Chairman, Chittagong Port Authority;
- Outlook for the dredging industry – Richard Brakenhoff, Industry Analyst, Rabobank;
- Middle East perspective on business climate trends – John Mackenzie, Business Development Director, NMDC;
- Future markets for dredging – Maurice de Kok, Business Development Director, Van Oord Dredging and Marine Contractors.
The first day also includes Thematical session: Climate change and its impact on dredging.
In particular this session will discuss what this means for the dredging community and how this drives demand for dredging solutions:
- The physical aspects of climate change: Rising sea levels, Rob van Dorland, Senior Adviser Climate, KNMI;
- Adaptation: Sustainable land reclamation in South East Asia in light of climate change Mark van Zanten, Senior Project Manager Water, Royal HaskoningDHV;
- Marine contractors and sustainability – what is our response to global challenges? – Sander Dekker, Sustainability Manager, Van Oord Dredging & Marine Contractors;
- The future of dredging: Sustainable vessels and equipment -Erik van der Blom, R&D Manager, Royal IHC.
More info to follow soon!