Foyle and Marine Dredging has just released this amazing photo of their ZX520 long reach excavator at work in Tarbert, on the Isle of Harris.
The works are being conducted in support of RJ McLeod who as the main contractor is redeveloping the Ferry Terminal in Tarbert. Also, FMD is profiling the rock armor revetment and today saw the completion of the secondary armor layer.
Construction restarted at Tarbert in mid-June under the Scottish Government’s guidance for the construction industry.
The contractor returned to site and and is operating under phase four of the six-phase Scottish Government construction guidance.
Caledonian Maritime Assets Limited owns the ferry terminal and is managing the overall upgrade project.
Furthermore, key project milestones include:
- demolition of the old terminal building;
- construction of a new temporary terminal building;
- ongoing demolition of the old pier and reconstruction of the new one;
- installation of temporary fenders to allow vessels to berth throughout the construction period;
- reinstatement of the pontoon area following completion of the extensive dredging operation;
- ongoing reclamation of land for additional marshalling area;
- ongoing installation of essential services.