USA: WEDA and USACE on Annual Meeting in November
The Gulf Coast Chapter of the Western Dredging Association is conducting its annual meeting with the Corps of Engineers/Industry on November 2 and 3, 2010 at the Hotel Monteleone.
Last years’ meeting at The Westin was very successful, and we are looking to provide the same this year. Check WEDA’s Website for Registration Details and WEDA sponsorship opportunities.
WEDA’s goals and objectives:
* To promote the exchange of knowledge in fields related to dredging, navigation, marine engineering and construction by sponsoring or co-sponsoring national and international technical conferences, seminars, and symposiums, including publication and dissemination of the proceedings.
* To provide a forum for improvement of communications, technology transfer, and cooperation among associations, societies, and all organizations interested in dredging, navigation, marine engineering and construction.
* To emphasize the importance of understanding and development of solutions for problems related to the protection and enhancement of the marine environment.
* To support educational institutions for students interested in pursuing dredging and marine engineering as a career.
* To promote membership in and furtherance of the Western Dredging Association through establishment and support of Chapters.
* To recognize individuals and organizations for outstanding engineering and operational achievement.
Source: westerndredging, September 27, 2010