Indonesia Needs USD 46.1 Billion for Ports Development, Official Says

Leon Muhammad, Director General of the Directorate General of Sea Transportation, said that Indonesia needs US$46.112 billion for port development projects until 2030.

According to Bernama, the government can only provide 31.7 per cent or US$14.613 billion, while the remaining 68.3 per cent or US$31.499 billion will be from foreign investors.

Leon said 26 ports will be developed in the next five years, including in Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Batam, Madura, Cilamaya, Palembang, Kuala Tanjung, Panjang, Ambon, Dumai, Teluk Bayur, Makassar, Bitung, Tanjung Emas, Probolinggo and Balikpapan.

[mappress]

Dredging Today Staff, August 31, 2012

Related news

List of related news articles