Houston Ship Channel Dredging Plan Unveiled (USA)
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Galveston District, has been tasked to solicit for and award a project/procurement to include deep channel pipeline dredging of approximately 1,000,000 cubic yards of maintenance material from the Houston Ship Channel Carpenters to Greens Reach with possible options for dredging of Greens Bayou, Jacinto port Channel, and Port of Houston docks.
Proposed project will be a competitive, fixed price contract.
Full description of this project will include:
1. Approximately 1 million cubic yards of maintenance material;
2. Construction – Pipeline Dredging;
3. Estimated construction range $5,000,000.00 and $10,000,000.00;
4. NAICS Code 237990, Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction;
5. SB Size Standard, $33.5M;
6. FSC Code – Z216;
7. Bonding Requirements – The Contractor shall provide Performance and Payment Bonds within 10 calendar days after award. The contractor shall begin work within 10 calendar days after acknowledgement of the Notice to Proceed;
8. Completion Time for this project is estimated at 180 calendar days after acknowledgement of the Notice to Proceed. If the contractor fails to complete the work within the time specified, the contractor shall pay liquidated damages to the Government in the amount of $1395.00 for each calendar day of delay until the work is completed or accepted;
9. To be considered small for purposes of Government procurement, a firm must perform at least 25 percent of the volume dredged with its own equipment or equipment owned by another small business dredging concern.
Press Release, January 21, 2013