VIDEO: Cutting Process on IHC Beaver 50 (The Netherlands)
Cutting process on an IHC Beaver 50 cutter dredger.
The IHC Beaver® 50 is equipped with state-of-the-art technology and special design features including:
– A Cutter Special® pump which combines a large ball passage with high suction performance and high efficiency,
– One single diesel engine providing efficient power supply for all energy consumers such as the dredge pump, hydraulic installation and 230V board net,
– Environmentally-friendly solutions such as low emission dieselengine, grease-free bearings for all sheaves on board,
– Improved maintenance properties by application of so-called “white iron” wear parts for the dredge pump and non-ferrous sheaves for longer wire life and fewer rotating equipment,
– Improved ergonomics for operating cabin and dredger controls,
– Refined industrial design,
– The engine and control cabin are placed on dampers for improved comfort and reduced noise.
Dredging Today Staff, February 15, 2013