Havant Coastal Defence Project About to Begin (UK)
Havant Borough Council Capital Projects Team has awarded the Havant coastal defence project to the Raymond Brown Construction Ltd.
This development program consists of the following activities:
– Construction of a 650m rock revetment (27,700m3, 3-6 tonnes of rock armour);
– Construction of 3 no. 90m rock groynes (7,000m3, 3-6 tonnes rock armour);
– Import of 21,000m3 of beach recharge material (mixed shingle);
– Remedial work to the existing concrete splash wall;
– Construction of RC access ramp and steps;
– Installation of demountable flood boards;
– Demolition of 4 dilapidated hardwood timber groynes.
The realization of this contract worth £5,090,247 (nearly USD 8 mln) will commence during this month.
Dredging Today Staff, May 10, 2013