Singapore to Host IADC Seminar
For (future) decision makers and their advisors in governments, port and harbour authorities, off-shore companies and other organisations that have to execute dredging projects, the International Association of Dredging Companies organises the International Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation.
The IADC Seminar will be held from Monday, 21 October, through Friday, 25 October, 2013, at Grand Park City Hall hotel, 10 Coleman Street, Singapore 179809.
The Seminar in Brief
To optimise the chances of the successful completion of a project, contracting parties should, from the start, fully understand the requirements of a dredging project. This five-day course strives to provide an understanding through lectures by experts in the field and workshops, partly conducted on-site in order to give the “students” hands-on experience.
– overview of the dredging market and the development of new ports and maintenance of existing ports;
– project phasing (identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction, and maintenance);
– descriptions of types of dredging equipment and boundary conditions for their use;
– state-of-the-art dredging and reclamation techniques including environmental measures;
– site and soil investigations, designing and estimating from the contractor’s view;
– costing of projects and types of contracts such as charter, unit rates, lump sum and risk-sharing agreements;
– design and measurement of dredging and reclamation works;
– early contractor involvement.
Press Release, May 23, 2013