France: Port of Metz Development Program Includes Dredging
Société du nouveau port de Metz has invited bidders to submit their offers for the new Port of Metz la Maxe development project.
This contract will consist of the following activities:
– Creation of a multimodal platform connected to the dock (about 26,000m2);
– Extension of wharf bulkheads;
– Rehabilitation and extension of the railway quayside;
– Development of platforms for future tenants (BGIE 7,000m2);
– Creation of an area for the operating personnel;
– Docking banks of riprap with 6 gabions;
– Screened porch (about 450 m);
– Dredging of the dock with storage in site (approx. 49,000m3).
The project period will be 12 months from the date of contract award, and the tender deadline is March 21, 2014.
Dredging Today Staff, February 14, 2014