During its annual meeting on September 3, 2014 in Bornholm, Denmark, Baltic Ports Organization will hold the Seminar on comprehensive and semi-sized ports.
The initiative comes as a result of the new BPO’s strategy to focus also on these types of ports. Baltic port market is quite fragmented. Comprehensive and semi size ports are responsible for a substantial part of the “port cake”.
The seminar will focus on the following topics:
– What is the role of comprehensive ports in new TEN-T Policy;
– National and EU transport policies versus comprehensive and semi-sized ports;
– Are there possibilities of funding within TEN-T Fund;
– How to survive on the very competitive port market;
– Concentration of port market – what is the role of semi-sized ports;
– Cooperation between large(r) and semi-size ports – port alliances;
– How to create a proper relations with local industries;
– Challenges of financial standing of the semi-size ports.
Seminar is addressed to port managers from comprehensive and semi-sized ports with cargo handling activities.
Press Release, June 17, 2014