San Diego Hosts Event on Coastal Sediments
- Business & Finance
The Coastal Sediments 2015 conference will take place on May 11-15, 2015, in San Diego, CA.
The Coastal Sediments conference will provide an international forum for exchanging information among coastal engineers, geologists, oceanographers, and others interested in the physical processes of coastal sediments and morphology changes.
The Organizing Committee has announced CS ’15 keynote speakers:
– Dr. Robert Nicholls: Coastal evolution and human-induced sea-level rise: History and prognosis;
– Dr. J. A. Roelvink: Addressing local and global sediment imbalances: Coastal sediments as rare minerals.
- Coastal bluffs;
- Barrier islands;
- Coastal marsh;
- River deltas;
- Inlet & navigation channels;
- Climate & sea level;
- Dredged sediments;
- Vegetation-sediment interaction;
- Regional sediment management;
- Shore protection;
- Cohesive & noncohesive sediments.