Input Invited on Marsh Lake Ecosystem Restoration
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, St. Paul District, is seeking public comments on the Marsh Lake Ecosystem Restoration Project, near Appleton, Minnesota.
The Corps is seeking input on recent revisions to the project design pertaining to fill activities involving public waters.
Specifically, the updated changes require the use of temporary fill material being placed in the river during construction.
The recommended plan features include:
- Restoring the Pomme de Terre River to its natural channel;
- Modifying the dam with a fishway for fish passage;
- Constructing a drawdown water control structure;
- Restoring connectivity to an abandoned fish rearing pond adjacent to the dam;
- Constructing recreational features.
The Clean Water Act Section 404 comment period ends on March 28.