Rehoboth Beach Replenishment Scheme Starts

The City of Rehoboth Beach, DE has announced that the sand pumping operations started during the evening of November 24 and will operate 24/7 until completion January 18, 2017.

The scope of the project is to replenish sand on Rehoboth Beach and Dewey Beach caused by storm damage, construct automotive and pedestrian dune crossings, install sand fence and plant dune grass and install two storm water outfall extensions at Virginia Avenue and Maryland Avenue.

Wave action has caused damage over the past eight years to the outfalls and the city has been relying on temporary fixes.

The new outfalls will have a more robust design and withstand storm damage with steel pipe for added strength and an enhanced support structure around the pipe.

The project sponsor is the State of Delaware and the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control (DNREC). The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) is the design and construction agent and the contractor is Great Lakes Dredge and Dock Co. Inc.

The total cost of the project is $11.2 million; the USACE will pay 65 percent of that cost and DNREC will pay the remaining 35 percent.

Share this article

Follow Dredging Today

Events>

<< Nov 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 1

2019 Western Dredging Association Gulf Coast Chapter Annual Meeting

The meeting will provide a forum for the exchange of information of interest to the dredging industry and its associates.

read more >

3rd International Congress Hydraulic Engineering Structures and Dredging

Russia’s leading maritime industry Media Group PortNews (www.portnews.ru) holds a traditional annual Congress “Hydraulic Engineering Structures and Dredging” in Moscow. 

The two-day Congress includes the 7th International Forum of Dredging Companies and the 3rd Technical Conference “Modern Solutions for Hydraulic Engineering”.

Infrastructure development is among the real sources of Russia’s economy growth. Construction of port facilities and new hydraulic engineering structures on the country’s inland waterways constitute an essential part of all infrastructure projects. It is important to take into account the best international practices to implement these projects effectively.

The program of the Congress will be devoted to the latest technologies for dredging and hydraulic engineering works. Speakers and delegates will refer to real projects to discuss specifics features of dredging works, as well as dedicated fleet and equipment involved.

To learn more about event, please, contact the organizing committee: snitko@portnews.ru

read more >

Jobs>

Dredging jobs in Abu Dhabi at NMDC

National Marine Dredging Company “NMDC” aims to be the largest dredging player in the Arab’s Gulf region...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of DredgingToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of DredgingToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below....

apply