The Central Dredging Association (CEDA) has announced that the 10th International SedNet Conference will take place from 14-17 June 2017, at the Palazzo San Giorgio in Genoa, Italy.
The conference, named ‘Sediments on the Move’, refers to the fact that sediment moves from the mountains to the sea and from fresh water to marine environments thus passing cultural, political and geographical borders.
The event is being organized in collaboration with DISTAV-University of Genoa and the Port Authority of Genoa.
“Sediment is also on the move in terms of its evolving management that has been guarded, publicly discussed and jointly advanced by SedNet already for 15 years now,” the organizers stated.
The conference themes
- Sediments moving to land, and soil moving to water;
- Sediment Balance;
- Policy for sediment management: Finding the balance; “everything is contaminated”;
- Using sediments as a resource – Sediments in a circular economy;
- Transboundary sediments;
- Innovative maintenance of river-delta-sea systems;
- Effects of remedial measures;
- Climate change; PIANC and SedNet Think Climate;
- Sediment quality;
- Sediment quality criteria: derivation, implementation and enforcement;
- Disposal of sediments at sea.