Maafushi Harbor development in full swing
The K. Maafushi Harbor development work is well underway.
Maldives Transport and Contracting Company (MTCC) said in its latest project update that they started installation of concrete blocks required for quay wall construction two days ago.
Scope of works will include:
- 63,711cbm new harbor basin dredging operations,
- 28,836cbm maintenance dredging operations,
- 4,414cbm channel dredging operations,
- construction of a 31m breakwater,
- a 680m rock boulder revetment,
- a 700m geo bag revetment,
- a 374m quay wall,
- construction of a concrete jetty, etc.
The value of the project is MVR 76.48 million ($5 million).