Officials Introduce Port of Brazzaville Development Plan (Congo)
- Business & Finance
Ministry of Economy, Finance, Planning, Public Works and Integration, announced a plan for the Port of Brazzaville consultancy services.
An analysis of hydraulic activity and the state of silting up in the Port of Brazzaville has led to a proposal to build structures to regulate the entrance to the Mbamou channel to divert, in periods of low water, a part of the flow into the main channel and let large flows pass in periods of high water.
The tenderer awarded the contract must:
– Carry out topographical, bathymetric, geological and other studies including, where appropriate, physical or mathematical models depending on his methodology;
– Confirm the relevance of building the structure(s);
– Confirm the appropriate site;
– Define the nature and dimensions of the hydraulic structure(s) appropriate for bringing water flow to the quays of the Port of Brazzaville;
– Carry out environmental and social impact assessments;
– Carry out an economic study;
– Prepare tender dossiers for the works and their supervision;
– Support the awarding authority in selecting companies and the procurement process for the works contracts.
Maximum percentage of the contract value which may be subcontracted: 30%. Activities which may be sub-contracted: topographic, bathymetric and geological surveys.
The project period is 9 months from the date of contract award and the deadline for this tender is February 21, 2013.
Dredging Today Staff, January 25, 2013