IADC: Cost Standards for Dredging Equipment Indexation 2013
Prepared by the International Association of Dredging Companies (IADC) from data exclusively collected for this purpose, Cost Standards for Dredging Equipment Indexation 2013 gives the replacement value for ex-works, yard or importer, exclusive of VAT, for the most important types of dredging equipment such as: trailing suction hopper dredgers, cutter suction dredgers, boosters, jack-ups, steel pipelines,…
The publication will assist all stakeholders involved in dredging projects, including; consultants, existing and potential clients, project financiers, insurers and dredging contractors.
CIRIA’s “Cost Standards for dredging equipment 2009” offered a standard method to establish the capital and related costs of dredging plant and equipment commonly in use. Cost Standards for Dredging Equipment Indexation 2013 is an update that provides essential information for determining tenders and cost estimates today.
Since there is no specific European index for ship building and/or hull structures available, IADC has assessed the indexation 2013 using the following Eurostat indices:
– C2511 (Manufacture of metal structures and part of structures) for hull steel;
– C 242 (Manufacture of tubes, pipes, hollow profiles and related fittings, of steel) for steel pipelines;
– C2211 (Manufacture of rubber tyres and tubes; retreading and rebuilding of rubber tyres) for rubber pipelines and pressure hoses;
– C2811 (Manufacture of engines and turbines, except aircraft;
– C2813 (Manufacture of other pumps and compressors).
Eurostat’s decision to change the base year from 2005 to 2010 has caused some unexplainable changes in indices, in specific the index for rubber C2211. The indexation committee has agreed on a figure of 105 for the index because this is more in line with cost increases actually experienced. This decision has been approved by CIRIA.
Press Release, August 19, 2013