The Netherlands: “Slurry Transport in Dredging and Wet Mining” Approaches
- Business & Finance
The Training Institute for Dredging (TID) scheduled its advanced pump and slurry course named “Slurry Transport in Dredging and Wet Mining” for May 19-22, 2014, in their training facilities in Kinderdijk, the Netherlands.
In this advanced, 4-day training, emphasis will be put on the hydraulic transport of solids-water mixtures with centrifugal pumps and through pipeline systems on a detailed level.
During the training all main aspects of pumps and slurry transport and their relation to dredging operations and production calculations in practice will be covered.
Each day will zoom in on different aspects of the pump and slurry process phenomena like:
– Dredge pumps characteristics;
– Drive characteristics;
– Dynamic effects of pump and drives;
– Pipeline systems characteristics;
– Interaction between pump, drive and pipeline;
– Influence of solid particles on the pump and slurry processes;
– Dynamic effects in the pump – pipeline systems.
Dredging Today Staff, April 21, 2014