The Gulf Coast Ecosystem Restoration Council (Council) recently released a draft Initial Funded Priorities List that would fund approximately $139.6 million in restoration activities.
The funds are derived from the recent settlement with Transocean Deepwater Inc. The Council will host a series of public meetings across the Gulf Coast to discuss the priorities, and seek public and tribal comments. The list is available for review and comment through September 28, 2015.
The Council is proposing to focus on 10 key watersheds across the Gulf to address critical ecosystem needs in high priority locations. The Council will also propose a suite of Gulf-wide investments designed to support holistic ecosystem restoration and lay the foundation for future success.
Upcoming meetings will be held on:
- August 20, 2015 Texas A&M University 6:00 p.m. CST
6300 Ocean Drive
Corpus Christi, TX 48412
- August 26, 2015 FWC Fish & Wildlife Research Institute 6:00 p.m. EST
100 Eighth Ave. SE
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- August 27, 2015 Gulf Coast State College 6:00 p.m. CST
5230 West US Hwy. 98
Panama City, FL 32401
- September 1, 2015 Battle House Renaissance Mobile 6:00 p.m. CST
26 North Royal St.
Mobile, AL 36602
- September 10, 2015 Coast Coliseum & Convention Center 5:00 p.m. CST
2350 Beach Blvd.
Biloxi, MS 39531
- September 15, 2015 Homer L. Hitt Alumni Center 5:30 p.m. CST
2000 Lakeshore Drive
New Orleans, LA 70148
- September 16, 2015 Morgan City Municipal Auditorium 5:30 p.m. CST
728 Myrtle St.
Morgan City, LA 70380